Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Young adult Catholics, where are you?

This blog is for the purpose of discussing issues relevant to young adults and Catholics. I converted to Catholicism two years ago, and I believe there is a huge need for ministry to the segment of Catholics that are post-college and don't yet have children. I struggle myself with purpose, with meaning, and with figuring out what it means to be a wife without losing my "self," and this blog will explore all these issues. I'm starting a theology degree in the fall, and that will provide plenty of ammo for discussion, I'm sure. The biggest issues for me are:
1) discerning my vocation
2) reconciling my desire for contribution to the world with my intent to be a stay-at-home mom
3) being Catholic in a culture that is not Christian
4) running the race, fixing my eyes on Jesus- for real

Coincidentally, today is the start of World Youth Day 2008. The link below is for all of us who couldn't make it to Australia.

http://video.wyd2008.org/?MediaId=97e9e9a3-a38d-4df9-973d-c495443c0f4c

No comments: